Kliniek voor Traditionele Chinese Geneeskunde
Chinese Tuina Therapy
Chinese Tuina-massage (Chinese Tuina Therapy) is a massage-technique based on the Traditional Chinese Medicine. By means of varied manipulation techniques the different energy-streams of the body become stimulated and therefore blockades of energy resolved.
Besides this, this kind of massage takes care of a good blood-circulation in the body, so that organ-functions improve and the body can relax. Further more there are several techniques for loosening up the bones, better know in the west as chiropracty.
Experts in the treatment
In the Chinese Medical Center two specialists for Tuina are present. They are experts in the treatment of bone- and muscle-problems. A part of the Tuina massage is called ‘dieda’. This treatment method is often used for contusions and distorsy. By stimulating the blood circulation of the injured spot the contusion will cure quicker.
Tuina is also suitable in treating several children’s diseases. Because children often are afraid of the acupuncture treatment manual stimulation of the acu-points is a solution.
For which problems is the treatment with Chinese Tuina Therapy indicated
Orthopaedic complaints and injuries
- cervical spondylosis, stiff neck
- periarthritis of the shoulder, tendonitis of the m. supraspinata, tendonitis of the m. biceps brachii
- medial and lateral humeral epicondylitis (tennis elbow), injury of the elbow
- sprain of the wrist joint, tenosynovitis stenosans, contusion of the metacarpal joints, cyst of the wrist-joint
- costal chondritis, disturbance of the thoracal and lumbar vertebrae
- hernia, acute and chronic sprain of the lumbar muscles, semi-dislocation of the sacro-illiacal joint, retrograde spondylopathy
- injury of the hip joint, injury of the adductor muscles, injury of the superior clunial nerves, injury of the m. piriformi, ischias
- sprain of the knee joint, injury of the medial and lateral ligaments of the knee, traumatic bursitis, chondromalacy of the patella
- sprain of the anckle joint, tendonitis of the t. Achilles, osteoarthritis of the anckle joint.
Internal and gynaecological diseases
- chronic fatigue syndrome, flu, head-ache, tooth-ache, facial paralysis
- stomach-ache, pain in the lumbar region, insomnia, dysmenorrhea
- gastro-intestinal problems, diarrhea, constipation, torticollis with children
- enuresis with children